Friday, February 17, 2012

Not much

Not a whole lot is happening around here. Daily, busy life is happening, but not much exciting! But, in an effort to keep my 1 faithful reader from getting too bored, here's a little run down:

Little brother is 7 1/2 months old. He crawls everywhere and pulls himself up to standing. Granted, he can only stand with objects that are short enough for him to pull himself up with, and he's pretty short himself but he can stand! YIKES! He's so not old enough for that. I think we have another kid destined to walk before that year mark. He is a fast crawler and gets into anything on his level. We are in big trouble with him! He is adorable and has those melt-your-heart chocolate eyes that big brother has! He loves the "solid" food and has started sleeping through the night, bless him! We love this baby boy so!

Big brother has been evaluated to start the special needs preschool that little sister went to. He qualifies and will start when he turns 3. We have one more meeting to go over what they specifically want to work on with him. The teachers are very excited to have him in preschool, since they loved little sister so much! He also loves to sing nursery songs. If mommy would sit at the piano and play those all day long he'd be in heaven. Singing really helps his speech come along, so I oblige often. His favorite is "I am a child of God." If I am playing something else, he will come in and ask for "Child of God?" If I fail to immediately acquiesce to his request, he then shouts at me over and over "CHILD OF GOD!!!!!!" Too cute. He is still such a momma's boy and usually pats the empty side of his bed when going down for a nap or at bedtime and says "Come on, mom!" Hard to resist, but momma's not starting down that path!

Little sister has graduated from the special needs preschool. She officially no longer qualifies for services! YAY! The teachers were so sad and said that they had tried to prolong the evaluation so that they could keep her. The head teacher said that little sister was like another assistant because she was always trying to help the other kids follow instructions. Good thing she does that at school, 'cuz it doesn't always happen at home! Haha! She still goes to regular preschool and is starting to read. It's amazing the difference from when she started preschool to now! She's looking forward to her birthday next month, and is still a funny little girl. I told her she was going to be measured for her dance recital costume and she said "Can I be a chicken nugget?" I told her she'd be getting a cute and pretty costume. "Ok, but can I be a chicken nugget for Halloween?" I assured her that she could and she said "Good! For Halloween I will be a chicken nugget and for my dance recital I'll be a pretty pretty princess!" Funny girl. Anyone know where I can find a cheap chicken nugget costume? I'm pretty sure she's not going to let go of this idea!

Big sister has now lost her 2 front teeth. The grown-up teeth are taking their time coming in, so she has a good gap going on. She's doing really well in school, of course. She got a 9 out of 10 on her spelling last week and was so distraught that she missed one. It took a while to convince her that 90% was still very good. Unfortunately, she thought she had 99% so when she realized it was only 90% that made it worse. She is definitely her father's daughter - I would have been thrilled with that score! *sigh* She's only in 2nd grade, so I'm sure this will get worse! She's still preparing to be baptized and wanted to do the Book of Mormon challenge again so that she will have read it twice before she's 8. We are doing pretty well this time and I am often amazed at what she remembers from last time. She is an amazing young lady, this daughter of mine!

And now I leave you with a cute picture of the boys. I came into the family room yesterday morning to see big brother laying in little brother's lap. Little brother was giving him what looked like a back rub, but was in all probability just playing with the colors on his pajamas. Either way, it was cute! Enjoy!

3 comments:

Jillene said...

Oh my goodness!! So cute. I think it's great that you work with your kids so much on their education before Kindergarten. It sure makes a big difference. I can tell which kids have parents who help them at home in my class.

Scooby and Jon said...

fer cute!!!

Cindy said...

I ready your blog too! I love it! ;)I love when I capture cute moments like that with my kids.