I love Halloween. Love love love it. I love watching my kids get excited about dressing up as somebody else. It was so fun to watch the parade at Big sister's school this morning. I love that they get excited for trick-or-treating. (I love snitching stuff from their bags, but Sshhh! don't tell them that!) I love decorating the house for Halloween, and the kids love that I put Halloween lights on the windows. I love listening to Monster Mash, Purple People Eater, and Ghostbusters. Not to mention Thriller. I love carving pumpkins, making sugar cookies and caramel apples. I still love getting dressed up myself. We try not to cram too much in on the day we go trick-or-treating, so it's less stress and we just focus on having fun. This is truly a children's holiday, and I guess I feel like I get to be a kid again, too. I heard someone in the checkout line at the grocery store today say how much they hate the whole "pagan holiday" thing. That attitude makes me sad, a little. It's only pagan if
you make it pagan. I prefer to watch my children's eyes light up along with their faces as they put their princess dresses on and twirl, feeling ever so glamorous. I feel like it's my job to make this fun for them. And perhaps to brush their teeth a little more diligently! A Happy Halloween weekend to all. Pictures of our festivities to follow!
1 comment:
Hooray for Halloween!
Post a Comment