Thursday, May 21, 2009

May

We have been hibernating a little this month, which is probably a good thing since people are still catching the flu, rsv, all that jazz. So far, our little man has not gotten sick. I consider this a miracle because his sisters are constantly coughing. In his face. Ah, sisters. Baby I weighed in at 8 pounds at his 2 week appointment. Usually, babies are barely at their birth weight by 2 weeks. Apparently our guy is doing just fine. And again, glad my doctor induced because he would have been 9 pounds by the time his due date rolled around. I don't even want to think about that. I'll take induction over c-section any day! He's a good baby. He doesn't sleep through the night yet, but he only wakes up twice to eat. Husband has been incredible taking one feeding each night. Sometimes both, when wife doesn't hear poor baby at all! Husband has cooked, cleaned played with the girls, worked, held the baby, and somewhere in there has managed to get wife through the hardest weeks of postpartum. I don't know how he does it, he has been so amazing! I on the other hand am thrilled to be healed enough to get on the elliptical. Exercise is my anti-depressant and it's always good for me to take my anti-depressant regularly! Here's a couple pics of the babe:




Is there anything cuter than a little man in his undies?

In other news, B turned 5! We had a BBQ for her with the family, which she loved. She got lots of fun presents. Here's one of them:


Her FAVORITE present by far, though, is the camera (She says it gramra - took me 2 days to figure out what the heck she was asking for!) she bought with the $ Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa gave her. $11 at Wal-Mart. It's not the best quality, but she is loving it. It stores 150 pics at a time and she fills that in 2 hours. She can even make it look like the Disney Princesses are posing with you! WOOHOO! We find the most interesting pictures on her camera. Here are just 2 of the pics she's taken herself.




The luckiest princesses in the world to pose next to such a handsome guy! Anyway, we are doing well and adjusting to being a family of 5. I am taking the opportunity to blog while Daddy and B are at the dentist. Funny story - B LOVES the dentist. She stressed when we went shopping that we wouldn't make it back in time. She watched the clock in our bathroom for the last 20 minutes before the appointment, giving Daddy updates on where the hands were every 30 seconds. What kid do you know that loves going to the dentist that much? She never has cavities, that could be part of it. But I also never had cavities and I still hated it! Thank goodness for our dentist, the cartoons B can watch while having her teeth cleaned, and the world's most gentle hygenist!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh, he's SO cute! And I love the gramra. lol Happy Birthday to B and turning 5.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Even though you've been hibernating it sounds like a lot is going on. I is cute, love Brynn's pic's, and I'm glad that you're able to start exercising so soon. Yay! Hope everything else continues to go well. Call if there is anything I can do to help. Love ya.