He's here! Our sweet baby I made his grand entrance at 9:04 pm on April 30. He weighed in at 7 pounds, 4 ounces and measured 19 inches long. Everything went well. Wife had a bit of a rough go at the very end of delivery because the epidural wasn't blocking ALL the pain. She definitely felt him come out. The next person to gush to her about the joys of natural childbirth is likely to get slapped. The idea of feeling the pain making you empowered is a big fat (and really mean) joke to her. The opposite was definitely true. Being able to feel baby I come out was somewhat terrifying to her. The doctor was a little concerned about how traumatic the experience was for her and came in very early the next morning to make sure wife was recovering mentally as well as physically. Fortunately, she is recovering, just in more pain than she remembers with the last two babies because he's bigger than the girls were. He is healthy and so far pretty happy. He only cries when we change his diaper, or if we wait a little too long to feed him. Here's some fun pics!

Baby I and Mommy in the hospital.

Baby I and Daddy

Proud big sister B

Big sister M - she loves to say "Ooooh, Baby!" Whenever she sees him. So far, she loves him - as evidenced by the look on her face here!

Baby I, M and B. This is how M says cheese! And is it just us, or does B look extra grown up in this picture?

Baby I with his twin cousins. They are a month older, but he has them in the weight division!

Our little guy, doing what he does best - SLEEP!
So far he is doing pretty well at night. The first night home he was up every hour or so. Not mad, just hungry. Last night he woke up 3 times and went right back to sleep every time. Time to start working on sorting out his days and nights! We are all doing well and happy to be home and to have baby I with us!
13 comments:
Congradulations!! He is adorable!
I love the look on M's face!
Great job, Mom. I love the picture of the 3 cousins. B & M are growing so big, too.
Oh my gosh, they are all so adorable. Baby I seems to be a lot bigger than I remember little M., and B does look extra grown up. Wow! I hope that you start feeling better physically.
Spring, I'm totally with you on the whole epidural thing- why would anyone want to feel that?! So sorry you did feel it, hope you are recovering well. He is beautiful and your girls are so stinkin' adorable with their new baby brother. What a lucky little guy he is. Let me know if there is anyhting I can do.
You were right he is a cutie! I can't wait to meet him. Hang in there. Love you!
I did natural childbirth and I don't think I EVER gushed! I can't tell them all apart, and M's face is adorable.
Congratulations! Is 3 as hard as everyone says?
Spring,
Congrats!!! Boys are so much fun and I should know, I have 3. He will be different from your girls. Have fun with him!
Tray
Congrats you guys! He is very cute. And yeah, I would be the one saying I love the natural child birth thing, but its not for everyone. Sorry you had such a hard time. You got a beautiful baby out of it though, he's super sweet!
It's a pain you meed to be prepared for. Sorry that it took you for surprise.
He is so cute! And doesn't sound too big, but I forget how tiny you are.
Congratulations!!!
Baby I is adorable! You have darling kids and I'm so glad that he's here! Take it easy and call if you need anything!
what a cutie! Can't wait to see more pics of him!
Post a Comment