We had a fun 3 weeks while the girls were off track. We swam just about every day. I am loving that fun. Everyone is unplugged from electronic gadgets, and we just play together as a family. We went on a couple hikes together, which the kiddos loved. We barbequed and roasted more marshmallows in the fire pit. It was all rather perfect. Some highlights:
The girls had their annual dance recital. The theme was animals. Big sister was a beautiful butterfly:
And little sister was a very adorable disco frog.
They both practiced a lot and did so well in their performances. Big sister has really become so graceful, and little sister can shake it to the beat like nobody's business. Cuties.
Big sister has been dying to chop off her hair for a while. She wanted to donate to locks of love. I told her she had to wait until after the dance recital so I wouldn't have to try and figure out how to put short hair into a bun. So as soon as the recital was done, we made an appointment with my cute neighbor/favorite hair stylist. Here's all her beautiful hair before we chopped it:
Holding the chopped pony tail - that's a lot of hair!
Here we are after. She loves the short hair!
Little sister has been growing her hair out to look like Rapunzel ever since the movie Tangled came out. Every time we go in for a trim she makes sure my friend knows that "we're just trimming a little bit!" So that's what I was planning on. Big sister went first, and I guess little sister thought that the haircut looked like a great idea. When my friend asked her if we were just trimming, little sister said "No, chop it!" We both asked her several times if she was sure, and reminded her we couldn't put it back on once it was cut. I told her I thought she might cry if all her long hair was gone, but she insisted. Here's Miss Rapunzel's hair:
Holding her ponytail
After - we really need to work on her expressing her personality...
They both ended up donating about 12 inches of hair to locks of love. I'm so proud of them! And I will admit, while I miss the gorgeous long hair, I am loving how quick it is to do in the mornings!

No comments:
Post a Comment